Today’s poll is actually more about practical choice than opinion.
The poll we have today is one which asks you about the business perspective on web-design.
Personally, I am a freelancer (well, partially, along with studies), but am always looking forward to starting and establishing a web-design business.
And, that being just my personal choice, I wanted to know how many people are interested in actually freelancing or running (owning or having a job in) a web-design business.
VOTE NOW !
WHY FREELANCE ?
Well, this is the general opinion. A majority of people involved in the web-design career are freelancers. They do work on a contract basis and per client.
And, it is not something bad either.
The main benefits of freelancing are as follows:-
- You are in full control of what you want to do.
- You can even move from places to places in search of work.
- Billing of the customer can be according to you.
Some of the downsides of freelancing are:-
- The business is quite unstable. Your client today might not be your client tomorrow.
- Since you’re an individual, sometimes you might lack motivation and/or creativity
WHY BUSINESS ?
Simply put, generally, businesses are more stable than freelancers. They generally do work on a contract basis.
- Things are more stable. Clients generally like to do work with larger organisations rather than with individuals.
- Working on teams is beneficial.
- Some are of work you might not like can be handled by someone else.
And, as usual, some downsides:-
- Since you’re working in teams, sometimes, your individual liking of something might be overwritten by someone’s else choice.
- Also, you might not always get to do the project you like.
So, your thoughts ?
So, I’ve given my views, now is your turn to do the same 😉