Forms can be one of the sloppiest or one of the most engaging part of your website. making forms work is one of the best and coolest thing you could do today to improve your website.
So, I thought of writing about web-forms , where I will talk about forms on the web.Here, I want to talk about the importance of forms.
THE IMPORTANCE OF FORMS
- Forms are no more just mere elements on a webpage that do nothing. They are interactive elements that make people “stick” to your site.
- It is a great way to get feedback from your visitors and audience.
- It is also a great way to learn more about how your visitors are responding to the elements on your webpage.
- It shows that people are interested in what you do.
- It is great to generate leads, customers and subscribers.
The story of forms just don’t end there. There is a lot many things you can do.
On Twitter ? Follow us on @WDArsenal. And, what’s hot lately here on WDA about twitter: Best Web-Design accounts to follow on Twitter in 2013
HERE’S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOUR FORMS ARE BORING AND/OR UNRESPONSIVE
- The visitors will leave your site.
- unresponsive forms make your customers turn away.
- No engagement = no audience = no views.
- When you don’t get feedback from anyone, you can be sure that you are working your way to a vacuum.
So, I talked to you very very briefly about web-forms in general. Bu they have many more uses as well.
Enough talking, everybody loves to see examples. So, I have one for you. And, it’s Web-Designer Arsenal’s own contact form. Without blabbering, here’ the contact form that just works.
Note, that this is a contact form which I easily made using wordpress.com. If you are using wordpress.org (self hosted version), get their jetpack plugin and you will also be able to create a form in a breeze. For others , there are sites like wufoo that can do the job for you.
The form above has various fields like Name, E-mail, websites, concern, reason for contacting, etc. Not just this, the fields are drop downs, text boxes as well as simple text inputs.
So, you see, the forms can be a life saver for your website. hang on to the series, and we’ll take a better look at web forms.
What do you think about web-forms ? Are they interactive ? Or boring ? Tell me in the comments below.
Liked, what you read ? Get every new post delivered right in your inbox.