You know yourself. Don’t you ? Yes, you, the person who watches videos on youtube everyday.
It’s true that over 100 hours of video is uploaded on youtube every minute.Seems staggering doesn’t it ? And, it does not stop there. Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube—that’s almost an hour for every person on Earth, and 50% more than last year !
Just wait. Youtube reaches more adult US citizens (of age 18-24 years) than any other cable network.I think by now, you would be wondering how is this possible. Well, it is true.
So, the point is not talking about these stats. But, it is talking about the importance of video and how it has grown tremendously, making it the best form of multimedia content – defeating images, audio, text, slides, etc.
WHY IS VIDEO BETTER ?
Well, let me break it down in points :-
- Video is a combination of images and audio. You know, that videos are nothing, but images at 24 fps (frames per second). Combine so many images and you get a video. Also, combine audio and you are in for a treat.
- People see what you want to tell them.
- It is more engaging and practical. People would rather watch a video of a person showing them how to do something, rather than reading about it or hearing it.
- It gets your message across easily and quickly.
Liked what you read ? Well, then, get every new post by Web-Designer Arsenal right in your inbox. Also, you can subscribe in various other ways.
WHEN TO USE VIDEOS ?
Remember, using videos should be a part of the process, not the whole process. Use it to your advantage, but don’t just keep on making videos and not anything else. That is why here are some cases when you should use videos, and when you should not.
- Showcasing your product or brand. This is specially helpful in building trust with your customers and audience.
- When you want to show how to do something. This is often known as a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) video or a how to video.
- Engage your audience. This has increased rapidly in the last few years. It has been noted that people who are comedians or musicians have started getting huge fan bases. Some comedy videos keeps your audience engaged and increases their liking towards you.
- When other forms will do. It is best if you try to refrain from using video at specific scenarios. Example – if you are showing a slideshow, try using slidesharing platforms rather than videos.
- When on a tight budget. Try avoiding video when you are on a tight budget. It will help you lower your costs down.
So, you read about how and why video is better than any other form of multimedia content. Also, if you’re interested, Web-Designer Arsenal also has a Youtube Channel where you will find various videos related to web-design.
So, what is your thought on using Web video ? Is it effective ? Is it engaging ? Or it isn’t ? Tell me in the comments.
Get every new post delivered right in your inbox.